Dr. Paige is specifically trained to adapt to your changing body, so your body can adapt to your changing life!
Why is Prenatal Chiropractic Care Important?
Chiropractors work with the body's ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to. Chiropractic care in pregnancy is vital to the normal physiological function of both the mother and baby in pregnancy and birth.
Benefits for the Mother
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles, and ligaments.
- Removes torsion of the ligaments that support the uterus thus potentially reducing aberrant tension to the woman's uterus.
- Reduces interference to the mother's vital nerve system which controls and co-ordinates all of her systems and functions.
- By improving maternal function, we are decreasing the potential for unnecessary intervention
Benefits for Your Baby
- Reduces interference to the mother's nerve system allowing for better baby development.
- Pelvic balance allows the baby greater room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine, and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth.
- With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia and the resulting birth trauma caused by intervention.